Schools Offering Places for 2018/2019
- Gillshill Primary
- Spring Cottage Primary
- Maybury Primary
- Thorpepark Primary
- Parkstone Primary
- Biggin Hill Primary
- Driffield Infants
- Christopher Pickering Primary
- Hedon Primary School
- Ganton Special School
- Cleeve Primary School
- Neasden Primary School
- St Nicholas Primary School
- Beverley Minster C of E Primary
Why choose the Tidal Teaching School Alliance School Direct Programme?
Tidal Teaching School is an alliance of partners from Kingston Upon Hull and the East Riding. We are secondary, primary and special schools, a pupil referral unit, higher education institutes, educational consultants and educational agencies.
Our Initial Teacher Training offer allows trainees the opportunity to train to become a teacher in a partnership of exceptional schools in Hull and the East Riding. Our programme is based around school experience with training delivered at lead schools or at the University of Hull.
Where teaching posts across the alliance arise, outstanding newly qualified teachers have a very strong chance of gaining immediate employment. Schools in our partnership range from ethnically diverse and inner city, to rural and coastal towns. However, they all share a common attribute in that they offer outstanding professional experience for graduates new to teaching.
“Training with Tidal gave a great foundation for my NQT year. Now with my own class, as an NQT, my training is continuing and I already feel part of the school team.”
“By being placed in a host school for the majority of the year you develop a real knowledge of the pupils and the school policies and practices, such as marking, assessment and feeding back to parents. My confidence in these areas through my training year really grew.”
- Candidates gain QTS from the University of Hull;
- Course runs from the beginning of the autumn term (September) to the end of the summer term (July);
- Two placements; majority in host school and alternative placement in a school within the Tidal Teaching School Alliance;
- All School Direct students have a school based mentor in both placement schools and a university partnership associate tutor;
- PGCE accredited;
- Trained to teach 3-7 years (early years), 4-11 years (primary) and 11-16 years (secondary);
- A bespoke training package delivered by the University of Hull and specialist and national leaders of education as well as outstanding practitioners from the Tidal Teaching School Alliance;
- Continued support throughout your placements, application process and NQT year.